A nice, warm winter treat (though this is good cold, too)! I know cauliflower is making a comeback, as it should! I’m particularly fond of it roasted, a little charred, smoky, but still sweet. This has just the right amount of spice without being overwhelming. Enjoy it with some tapas, bread, and a glass of wine (that’s what I’m going to do right now. Oh yes, and binge watch Project Runway).
Adapted from: Simply Nigella
Prep time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4-6 as an appetizer or 2 for dinner
1 small head of cauliflower
3 tbsp. regular olive oil
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. cumin seeds
1 can (approx 400 gms.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
2 tbsp. harissa
2 small, vine ripe tomatoes
Salt, to taste
Bunch of cilantro OR parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C or 425 degrees F. Trim the cauliflower into small florets.
- Whisk the oil, cinnamon and cumin seeds together in a bowl. Tip in the cauliflower and toss to coat. Pour the contents into a baking tray or dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- In the ‘dirty’ bowl that you used for the oil, add the harissa, tomatoes and chickpeas and mix together well.
- When the cauliflower has done its 15 minutes, take it out and add the harissa, tomatoes and chickpea mixture to it. Mix everything and put it back into the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, sprinkle with salt. Garnish with cilantro or parsley leaves and serve!